Get the Buzz on FOREST OF A THOUSAND LANTERNS
We're beaming with joy at all the amazing reviews and early buzz for Julie C. Dao's FOREST OF A THOUSAND LANTERNS. Here are some of our favorite highlights below. Our only question is...have you pre-ordered this gorgeous book yet? Available October 10th.
- ★ "A masterful reimagining of the early life of Snow White’s Evil Queen. Subverting the all-too-white world of fairy tales, this novel will trap readers in a lush, dangerously dark, and often beautiful world from which they will want no escape."—Booklist, starred review
- ★ "Lushly written . . . The demons [Xifeng] faces are both literal and metaphorical, external and internal, and her tug-of-war with the forces driving her down a dark path makes for tantalizing reading."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
- NYT bestselling author Marie Lu told the Washington Post that FOTL was her favorite book of 2017: “Dao has a tremendous talent for creating intricate worlds and complex characters."
- RT Book Reviews loves FOTL: “This is a book filled with turmoil and drama that will leave you wanting more… With wonderfully descriptive writing and prose worthy of a movie, this is one book that you’ll want to check out.”
- Bookish included FOTL in their list of best Fall 2017 fantasy and sci-fi reads: "This novel is sure to be a hit with lovers of dark fairytales and anti-heroines."
- PureWow told readers: "Listen up, fantasy addicts: Get ready to dive headfirst into a gorgeous, dark and mysterious new world." (11 New YA Books We're Putting on Our Fall Reading List.)
- io9 called it, "A debut novel that offers a rich retake on the origin story of Snow White’s Evil Queen.” (The Science Fiction and Fantasy Books to Keep on Your Radar This Fall)
- FOTL also made Tor.com's great list of New Young Adult Fiction: Fairytales, Dystopias, and Life Lessons.
- Who holds Buzzfeed's #3 spot on their must-read YA list this fall? Julie Dao! "This captivating, enchanting YA fantasy revolves around an anti-hero's journey and is nearly impossible to set down."